Dr. Martin Turner
Stoke on Trent
FeesFees available on request
I specialise in how to maximise performance under pressure using psychological skills training. With colleagues I developed psychophysiological pressure testing protocols used by business and sport organisations to understand reactions to performance stress. I also developed “Smart Thinking”, a strategy for helping people deal with adversity, based on Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy, for which I am also qualified to practice. Currently I am Lead Sport Psychologist with England Futsal and consult with a variety of professional sport and business organisations.
- Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy
- Stress and Emotion
- Dealing with Pressure and Adversity
- Challenge and Threat
- PhD in Sport Psychology: The performance consequences, and manipulation, of challenge and threat states (with BPS PhD Thesis Award).
- Distinction MSc degree in Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology (with thesis and academic profile awards).
- 1st class hons degree in Sport Studies.
This article is a brief summary of what the research says about resilience, specifically from a psycho-physiological perspective, and what can be done to help athletes develop resilience.
Tipping The Balance
In this article, I will outline what the book is about and some of its contents.